Thursday, February 21, 2013

YOU ARE HEREBY CALLED TO SERVE.....

 Anyone who has ever opened up a mission call would probably agree with me that it's one of the most exciting things ever. Mine would definitely be in the top 5 of my "Most Exciting Things" list. Well, that is if I had one of course.

To say that it was hard to wait 4 whole days from the time my call arrived at home to when I got to open it would be the understatement of the century!

My call arrived on a Thursday and I opened it the following Tuesday. 
I had it sent to my home address (St. George) even though I was currently in school up north (UVU). When my mom told me that my call arrived, I wanted nothing more than to drive home right away and rip it open! Sadly though, it was the start of finals and there was absolutely no way I could go home until after they were all done. Lucky for me, I had 2 finals get changed to being online which made my last in-class final on Tuesday. That meant I didn't have to wait a whole week to open it!
I also moved back home after the semester so it was a CRAZY all-nighter that involved packing, studying, more packing, more studying, then more packing, then more studying.  
I took my last final at about 2:00 PM, loaded my car with the help of my sweet roommates, drove straight home, waited patiently for all my family to get to my house, and finally opened my call around 8:00 PM!
P.S. I was the only one to put a sticker on New Zealand.
I loved guessing my own mission right!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read those words. My dream had just come true:)

No comments:

Post a Comment